Mr Andrea Mitarotonda
Andrea is a Chartered Chemist and holds a PhD in Polymer & Colloid Chemistry, a MSc in Industrial & Applied Chemistry and a Diploma in Innovation Project Management.
Andrea has worked for both Manufacturers of Specialty Ingredients and finished Cosmetic goods.
In fact, since 1998 he has been covering roles in R&D, Innovation and Formulation Technology in multinational companies such as Oriflame R&D, Neal’s Yard Natural Remedies, Dow Corning, Lamberti Chemical Specialties, Intercos and 3M.
Andrea is Author and Co-Author of more than 50 scientific communications (including articles, lectures, posters & patents) on various subjects of Cosmetic Science including anti-ageing, natural preservation, natural cosmetics, polymers, rheology, emulsion technology, formulation technology.
He is a Member of the Scientific Committee of the British Society of Cosmetic Science (SCS), of the Editorial Advisory Board of the International Journal of Cosmetic Science, of the Scientific Advisory Board of H&PC Journal and of the Italian Society of Rheology.
Andrea is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) and Director of Science & Technology of the International Society for Phytocosmetic Science (ISPS).
Andrea is now an independent consultant offering services within his fields of expertise, mainly:
• Cosmetic Formulation Chemistry
• Natural/Organic-certified technologies in cosmetic science: research, innovation & formulation
• Research, Development & Innovation in Cosmetic Science
• Raw Materials: Development, Characterisation, Optimisation and Application
• Rheology & Colloid Science applied to Cosmetics & Personal Care
• Technology Scouting; Identification, development and implementation of Intellectual Property opportunities, including articles, patents and creation of bespoke ingredients/technologies
• Ghost writing of scientific communications